Saturday, December 19, 2009

More

I am in a city where I can smell the air. Streets whose name I don't know. Now I think about it I only knew a dozen street names where I grew up anyway. Sprawls and crevices. Intersections as markers. New grids never cease to amaze me. Learning where to eat again.

At first I think 'All these people are so damn cool. I want to meet them all'. Before long I realise that not all these people are cool by a long shot. Damned if they don't all look cool though. People are just better-looking here. Something in the water.

Life is everywhere. People sink into the cracks and the alleyways. Money stays awake at every hour. A billion seven elevens. Public transport. Everything a short walk away all in all.

A rush hour that is pure art. Too many heads for it to be anything less than comical. Every pedestrian light a stampede of polished shoes. Absurdity in motion. Every evening this city sheds its office dorks with practised precision and at a ruthless pace. Some will disseminate into a thousand empty seats by beer taps and many more will go home to somebody else or else go home to their television.

Less obvious crime. More crime though.

More people ultimately. More land, more stuff, more stores, more dollars, more art, more homeless, more wank, more music, more gold, more shit, more life.

No comments:

Post a Comment